Feb 03.2011 | 1 Comment
1. How have the economic crisis and aftermath affected insurance lines, e.g., higher claims, decline in sales, growth in sales, new products?
2. How has the experience in financial services affected the direction of insurance regulation? Is insurance regulation affected by mistaken assumptions about industry needs and norms, e,g., excessive restriction on the use of needed hedging facilities?
3. How will the recent experience change risk management practices in the industry?
4. Will problems in the derivatives markets reduce or change the use of capital markets for insurance activities?
5. What new market opportunities are created by the recent crisis?
Insurers have a clear vision of how enterprise risk management (ERM) will add value to their organizations but face business challenges in progressing toward that goal, according to Towers Watson's Seventh Biennial Global ERM Survey, released in November.more articles