Payment/Refund/Cancellation Policy for Classes and Events
The Western New York Library Resources Council (WNYLRC) makes every effort to implement measures to secure sensitive data provided by our members through business transactions, website transactions, and in-person transactions. WNYLRC only requires information that it truly needs to conduct business and provide services to our members.
WNYLRC may collect and use the following kinds of personal and professional information:
- Information about your use of WNYLRC services which may include your usage of wnylrc.org, wnylrcwatch.org, wnylib-l, and any other means we use to conduct the business of our organization. This may include but is not limited to the collection of statistics, survey results, workshop registrations, payments of WNYLRC services, blog comments or uploaded news items, InfoPass applications, grant applications, and other services.
- Information that you provide for the purpose of registering on the website including your contact information and your employer information. We are happy to assist you if you require help in registering for a class/event on our website but please be aware that we may have to access your login and/or password to resolve your problem. Knowledge of this information will not be shared or stored in any way.
WNYLRC may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website
- Enable your access to and use of the website services (i.e. InfoPass)
- Publish your name and/or contact information in reference to WNYLRC membership, committee membership, grants received, or comments made to the blog
- Send you statements and invoices
- Collect payments from you
- Send you marketing communications or surveys
- In the event that we may need to change your password, you will be notified of the new password and it is recommended that you change that to one of your preference the next time you log in
WNYLRC does not disclose your personal information to any vendors or subcontractors unless you have agreed for us to do so. WNYLRC takes reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal and professional information. We store your contact information on a secure server. All information is safeguarded with PCI Compliant technology. We do not, however, store credit card information either in writing or on any of our servers.
WNYLRC may include links to other organizations or vendors on our website, in our blog postings, or in our listserv communications. WNYLRC is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party entity.
WNYLRC is free to update this policy at any time and make it available on our website (www.wnylrc.org
Payment/Refund/Cancellation Policy for Classes and Events:
Members paying by credit cards:
WNYLRC allows payments by credit card for workshop registrations, member dues, and program participation fees.
Credit card information is not stored or saved for future use. All information is safeguarded with PCI compliant technology. If a member’s charge card is denied, the member will be contacted for alternate payment.
Members paying by check: (Returned Check):
If a member’s check is returned to us for insufficient funds, we require that the member pay the original amount due by cash, money order or cashier’s bank check plus a $10 service fee. We also reserve the right to require payment by cash or bank check in the future.
Cancellation/Refund Policy for classes and events:
- Full payment should be received 5 business days prior to the day of the scheduled class/event, unless prior arrangements have been made. If we do not receive payment the registrant’s seat could be forfeited to accommodate a waiting list and the registrant will not be allowed to sit in the workshop. The registrant will still be responsible for the class/event fee if the registrant does not show up at the class/event and has not cancelled their registration 5 business days prior to the day of the event. Last minute registrants, who have confirmed with WNYLRC they can attend a class/event, will be required to make payment at the door.
- WNYLRC does not invoice individuals. WNYLRC invoices institutions on behalf of registrants that have supplied a purchase order.
- No money will be refunded if reservation is cancelled less than 5 business days prior to the day of the scheduled class/event. Cancellations are not taken by phone. To cancel a class/event the registrant must log on to web site, go to My Information, click on the class/event the registrant wishes to cancel. They must scroll to the bottom portion of the page and click on the cancel link.
- For a class/event that is not scheduled in the online registration system, cancellations may be given over the phone.
- WNYLRC has the right to cancel any class/event due to insufficient registration. Refunds will be made to those who register for a class/event that is later cancelled by WNYLRC.