The global resource for the insurance community
Mr. Pedro de Macedo
Born in Lisbon - Portuguese and Spanish (double nationality) - 54 years old
- Law degree 1982, Lawyer since 1984.
- 29 years working in insurance and reinsurance, from which 20
- Began his career in reinsurance in 1982 in Companhia
Portuguesa de Resseguros first as member of the Legal
Department, then Manager of Technical Division and finally
General Manager in 1990 and 1991.
- Joined MAPFRE RE as Manager of the Lisbon Office in 1991.
- Joined MAPFRE RE, Madrid, in 1993 as Manager of the
Affiliates Department (Latin America).
- General Manager and Member of the Board of C.I.A.R. in
Brussels, between 1995 and 1998.
- MAPFRE RE Madrid: Deputy General Manager from 1998 to
2002, General Manager from 2002 to 2007 and Managing
Director from 2007 to 2011.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Mapfre Re, Spain
Global Reinsurance Leadership Panel
Michael J. Morrissey interviews Chakib Abouzaid
Managing Risks of Hydro-Meterological Extremes in a Changing Climate
Middle East, North Africa & South Asia (MENASA) - Taking Stock in a Global Downturn
© Copyright 2011, International Insurance Society, Inc. - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED