Partner, Global Head of Insurance, KPMG, Germany
Since 1998, Dr. Frank Ellenbuerger is a partner with KPMG. After completing his Ph.D. in economics, he joined KPMG Cologne in 1988 where he built up the Center of Competence Insurance. He also qualified as both a CPA and tax accountant.
Frank provided auditing and advisory services to large and mid-cap financial service and insurance clients. One of his main areas of expertise lies in the Solvency II topic and the resulting implications for the insurance industry.
Frank is a member of the board of KPMG Germany. He is also the Global Sector Lead for insurance as well as Sector Head Insurance of KPMG Europe LLP.
Frank is involved in the following Industry Associations:
- Member of the EIOPA Occupational Pensions Stakeholder Group
- Chairman of the FEE (Federation of European Accountants) Insurance Working Party
- Member of the IASB Insurance Working Group
- Observer at IAIS – International Association of Insurance Supervisors
- Chairman of the Insurance Expert Committee (VFA) of the Institute of the German Accountants (IDW)